‘Kalan’ is an authentic Kerala dish which is served for ‘Onasadhya’. It can be made with raw bananas, yam or with a combination of raw bananas and yam. It goes well with steamed rice.
This traditional Kerala recipe goes to Shanthi for the event ” State Specials”
Raw Bananas – 3
Turmeric powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder – 3/4 tsp
Fenugreek/ Uluva powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Grated coconut – 2 cups
Jeera/ Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green chillies – 3
Yoghurt – 750 ml
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
Dry red chillies – 4 broken
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Remove the skin of the bananas, wash and slice them into thick pieces. Put them in a vessel and add turmeric powder, pepper powder, fenugreek powder and salt. Pour enough water to cover the bananas and cook covered till done. Stir in between. Meanwhile, grind the grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies to a fine paste. Add this paste to the cooked bananas and mix well. Beat the yoghurt well and pour over it. Keep on stirring the curry and cook on a low flame till it boils. Switch of the flame. In another pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add the red chillies and curry leaves. Put off the flame immediately and pour it over the curry. Mix well and serve hot with rice.
Thanks a million times to Sangii for sharing these Awards with me!!!
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger award is as follows:-
1.You must mention the person who has given you the award.
2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3.Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4.Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5.Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6.Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7.Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
To know more about me click here
I am tagged!!!!!!!
1. What is your current obsession?
Planning for the family get together for Onam in Singapore. I’m leaving for Singapore on the 28th.
2. What are you wearing today?
3. What’s for dinner?
Chappathi, Channa masala and Fish curry
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Shirts for Michael
5. What are you listening to right now?
Sound of the fan
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
She was a wonderful blogger…a sister to me! I’m praying for her good health!
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Cold water, Fruit juices, Perfumes and Talcum powder
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
10. Which language do you want to learn?
11. Who do you want to meet right now?
My children…longing to meet them in Singapore
12. What is your favourite colour?
13. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Pants and Kurti
14. What is your favourite hobby other than Cooking?
15. What’s your favourite magazine?
Prevention, Good House Keeping
16. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
17. Where do you love to go for vacation with your loved ones!!!
New Zealand is always a dream!!!
18. Who are your style icons?
19. Describe your personal style?
Elegant and Classy
20. What are you going to do after this?
21. What is your favourite music?
Songs by Michael W. Smith
22. What inspires you?
Bible…the source of Wisdom and the essence of Life!!!
23. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
Be Unique, Simple and Elegant
24. Coffee or tea?
Bru Coffee and Lipton Yellow Label Tea!
25. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Hear devotional songs or simply go out and have a nice time!
26. What is the meaning of your name?
‘Alice’ in Wonderland??? 🙂
27. Which other blogs you love visiting?
I love visitng all my blog friends!
28. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
29. Favorite Season?
30.Whats your pet name?
The rules are: Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
If you have already received these Awards ignore it!!
I would like to share these Awards and tag with some fellow bloggers!!!